LONG TIME NO POST/RUGS (9.21.08)

So, it's been over a week since I have posted - sorry guys! Life is sometimes busy with 2 little people to deal with. Although I always have LOTS to post about, I don't always have the time to sit down and do it. Come to think of it, I shouldn't be doing this right now. I should be folding clothes, or washing more clothes, or starting dinner, or watching the kids or something else but I am choosing to do this now. So, on to the actual post............

RUGS, RUGS, and more RUGS!!!!

As you all know, Brian and I both work at High Point University. Well, apparently some generous donor who owns an oriental rug company donated LOTS of rugs to HPU. The school had tons left and decided to let the employees each select a rug for FREE! Now, we aren't talking about walmart rugs now, we are talking about REALLY nice and REALLY fancy rugs!!! I was thinking what in the world am I going to do with a fancy rug in my house, much less 2 fancy rugs, nothing else in our house is even close to fancy. Anyway, Brian and I got to each select one and we think we did pretty good. We got one large rug that measures axp. 8 feet by 10 feet and then we selected a runner for our foyer area that is slighty to long measuring 2.5 feet by 12 feet long. They are both really pretty and really nice and really fancy and I am sure really expensive, so I surely hope no one spills juice or something on one of them. Maybe one day we will have a fancy house to put our fancy rugs in! For now, we will just enjoy the rugs!!!! Enjoy the photos below - as you can see Isaiah and Lucy couldn't seem to get out of the photo!!

The Runner
The Big Rug (not unrolled all the way)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are super nice!! Are you going to use them now or put them up for later? It's a strange perk but looks like they are very expensive for sure!!