THE BIG SLEEPOVER (9.21.08)

So, for a week or so now I have been promising Isaiah we would have a sleepover. He loves more than anything to sleep with Brian or I (or us together) but NEVER gets to. We don't usually do the family bed thing but on a rare special night we might let him sleep with us or if one of us is out of town we will let him sleep in our bed. He thinks it is the biggest treat ever. So last week I had been promising him that on Friday night we could have a sleepover. Well to make things just slightly more interesting I decided to set up our 4-person tent in his room for our sleepover - campout! When he opened up his door to go into his room he was SOOOOOO excited! He kept saying "THIS IS SOOOOO COOL!" Well actually his first words were, "what the heck is this?" And then he was wowed by it! He was beyond excited! To make things even more fun I brought several games, books, coloring, and of course snacks for the sleepover. So, we stayed up and played for several hours, even learned a new song (You Ain't Nothing But a Hounddog! - Katie you would be so proud of my little man singing Elvis). It was super fun! The only downfall was that I didn't sleep at all - I mean really I did not sleep. Isaiah has a queen size bed and since I basically put his bed in the tent there was plenty of room, it was just really hot in the tent. No air circulation or something. At about 3:30 am - I felt like I had not slept at all so I got up and went to my bed. Isaiah was a little sad with me in the morning that I had gotten up but he got over it quickly. All in all it was so much fun and I know he will be asking to do it again soon. Maybe next time can be Daddy/Isaiah campover!!!!

Brian and I know for sure that Isaiah's love language is Quality Time. Well, things like this are right up his alley. Being able to spend 1 on 1 quality time with me or Brian is the most important thing to him. Needless to say we had a blast and he (of course) wanted to keep the tent in his room for now. So we let him. Levi even enjoyed climbing in the tent as well. Enjoy some pictures below!

Me and Isaiah sitting in the tent in his room!

Us again!!!

Our first game of the night was Candyland! A favorite of Isaiah's - here he is smiling away!

And finally Isaiah wouldn't let us forget to bring his pictures from his night stand in the tent with us! He has a picture (from L to R) of Ganny and Pops, he and Pops in their Bama gear, Ali, and he and Brian when he was a baby! Side note - no favoritism was shown in the selecting of these photos by myself - only Isaiah, he chose them, they are his photos on his night stand - notice my picture is no where to be found! A lot of mornings we will find these photos in the bed with him! How sweet - especially the one of Ali.

Thanks for looking at our pictures! All else is well in the Morgan household! Getting ready for Levi's birthday on Saturday. I can't believe he will be 1 - that is completely crazy! We are going to Atlanta to spend his birthday with my family for the weekend. This is a big birthday year for us - I just turned 3o, Levi will be 1 next weekend, Brian will be 40 in December and Isaiah will be 5 in Feb. All milestone birthdays for us! Oh and in other news of interest - Levi decided to eat some chalk tonight - green chalk to be exact! Brian and I walked in the playroom and there he stood aganist a chair, eating some chalk - chunks in his mouth and green all over his lips. I freaked out of course and started screaming thinking at any moment he was going to stop breathing. Brian assured me that Crayola wouldn't make something that would actually KILL a small child, even if they ate it - not even sidewalk chalk?? No, he promised me! Maybe it will just make his poop bright green - that would be really gross. Funny!!!!!! Everyone have a great week!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're the best mommy ever! Looks like Isaiah had a blast.

Katie Murray said...

You know that I am so proud of Isaiah learning an Elvis song! We have the Elvis bathroom all set up at our place and so far it doesn't freak Ella out. At first she was a bit scared of our lifesize cardboard cut out of Elvis in the gold suit, but now they are best friends. She'll even point at him and say "What's that?" Ha, as if she didn't know. Now if they just made a children's Elvis CD life would be complete!

Katie

Kelly said...

How cute! We've never braved an actual family sleepover before (other than when we're camping!) but we do have an elaborate family movie night from time to time where Brian hauls out the guest room mattress to the living room floor and we all pile up with snacks and blankets and watch a movie together. The kids love it and ask for it often!
By the way, I thought Isaiah gathering all his frames was adorable! ;-)