GET READY - THIS IS A LONG ONE (6.24/25.08)

This seriously has been an insane day! Where do I begin.......Brian is out of town in Charlotte at his annual SID meeting. He will be home tomorrow evening. So, as luck would have it, everything goes wrong when he isn't here. Which is very problematic for me because it makes me question my ability to do anything alone anymore. So, here is my timeline for today.....follow along as best you can!

10:00 am - Brian heads to Charlotte

12:30 pm - Lindsey enjoys a nice lunch at McAllisters with friend Melissa (baked potato's are so yummy)

2:30 pm - The dreaded phone call from the kid's school. I am assuming when I see it on my caller ID that Levi has a fever as he is trying his darndest to get his 2 first teeth and has been seriously grumpy for the past few days. But no, it Isaiah's issue today. Teacher Ms. Yolanda (Isaiah calls her Ms. Sholanda) calls to say Isaiah has pink eye and I need to come and get him - GREAT - isn't that really contagious! WONDERFUL!!!

2:35 pm - call Dr.s office to get appointment for Isaiah and am told they can't see him until 5:00 pm - GREAT - so I have to take Levi with me to the doctor and infect him with all kinds of wonderful things as well. YIPPEE!

2:45 pm - drop everything at work and head out the door to pick up pink eye Isaiah and grumpy Levi from daycare.

3:00 pm - get home, feed Levi and put him to bed for a nap and pink eye Isaiah is watching TV (awww some peace)

3:10 pm - realize the water isn't working at our house for some reason when pink eye Isaiah goes to wash his hands after eating a bag of Cheetos (100 calorie pack of course), call the water company to complain and they say "Mam - your water bill was due on 6/23 and has not been paid so we turned your water off" - I think to myself - really, that is news to me, oh I guess I haven't paid our bills for the month which I usually do as soon as we get paid on the 20th but
I haven't yet and what happened to the grace period - seriously, that is so stiff. I apologize 100 times to the lady (as if she cares if I have working water at my house), immediately give her my debit card number to pay it and they come back and turn the water on. Within like 10 minutes, as if someone was sitting in their car on the street waiting for me to call - very strange but wonderful - now pink eye Isaiah can wash his hands.

3:20 pm - enjoy a nice conversation with April about how we can't wait to leave our kids and go to the beach in 2 weeks and how we are going to eat lots and lots of unhealthy snacks while we are there, and we also talked about carseats and such boring things like that.

3:45 pm - call another April (that works with Brian) to see if she can come over and stay with Levi while I take pink eye Isaiah to the doctor at 5 pm, she says yes, THANK YOU LORD!

4:00 pm - talk to Brian and vent about the frustrations of the day thus far, little did I know it was only beginning!

4:15 pm - respond to some work emails - hooray!

4:45 pm - April comes over, pink eye Isaiah and I hop in the car and off we go to the doctor. On the way I inform him that we will not be seeing Dr. Poston (his favorite doctor of course that I think he has a secret crush on), and we will in fact be seeing another doctor (male doctor - not sweet Dr. Poston) and get a seriously grumpy face from pink eye Isaiah, at which point he then asks if he will have to take his clothes off. Apparently, he only wants to take his clothes off for sweet Dr. Poston and not anyone else. I inform him that it is his eye that is the issue and he won't need to disrobe. He is relieved!

5:00 pm - get to the doctor's office, we are sent to the SICK ROOM to wait (you know so we can be infected by all the other sick kids). Isaiah asks why there are no toys in the sick room but there are toys in the "Not Sick Room" as he calls it. I explain to him that if you are sick, you shouldn't feel like playing with toys. He looks puzzled but moves on.

5:05 pm - they call our name - WHEW - maybe we didn't get too infected with all the other sick kids.

5:20 pm - after reading every book to Isaiah in the room, the Doc comes in. Oddly enough, he is apparently the oldest working doctor in America (apparently he hasn't made enough money to retire yet even though he is WELL over the age). He comes in, barely looks at the in question pink eye and then checks Isaiah's ears and breathing - I assume he might not be breathing if he has pink eye so he was just checking to make sure. Funny thing though, he was asking me "Has he been itching his eyes at all", I look at him sort of odd because I am thinking, I didn't bring in an infant here, Isaiah is quite capabable of answering your questions, why are you asking me this, how do I know if his eye is itching, ask him dummy! Anyway, he gives me this long explanation about how there are 3 kinds of pink eye and he doesn't think that Isaiah has the very contagious one but can't be sure until the morning - GREAT - so we won't know it's super contagious until he has spent about 12 more hours at home with no medicication infecting everyone else - WONDERFUL!

5:25 pm - we leave, I felt like saying "thanks for nothing - or better yet, thanks for taking my $15 co-pay and billing my insurance company another $80 for nothing!"

5:30 pm - get home, talk to April for a moment - she did a great job keeping Levi considering he never even woke up. Oh wait, he must have heard me come in the door because he woke up the second I got home - of course he did!!!!

5:45 pm - have a moment of insanity and think that I can watch an espoide of Oprah that I had DVR'd - what was I thinking??? Give that up very quickly!

6:00 pm - Isaiah goes upstairs to use the potty and what do you know our toliet is stopped up! Now - I must tell you - we have THE most sensitive toliet in America. If you try to flush more than about oh 1 piece of toliet paper down at a time then you are out of luck. So, apparently when we got home earlier, Isaiah or I (don't know which one because we both used the potty - let's just blame it on Isaiah for now) must have used the potty and with the water not working at the time and I guess as fate would have it - the toliet was messed up but I didn't realize it then!

6:30 pm - after spending 30 minutes trying to unstop the toliet, and listening to Levi SCREAM bloody murder downstairs because GOD FORBID he can't see me for a moment, I call Brian right before I am about to jump out the window, no seriously, I call Brian and vent yet again. While I am on the phone with him and he is wishing he never married me because I MUST be insane, (and several prayers) the toliet is unstopped! HOORAY - we can pee-pee again! GREAT!

6:31 pm - hang up with Brian, I obviously no longer need his moral support. Come downstairs to find pink eye Isaiah and Levi who now is covered with snot all over his face in the kitchen. Isaiah has decided that he wants Apple Jacks for dinner (works for me) and has gotten out the Apple Jacks, Milk, 2 bowls and 2 spoons for us to have. How thoughtful is he! Trying to help out! So I proceed to help the rest of the way in preparing the fine delicacy known as Apple Jacks and Isaiah sits down to eat. Meanwhile, Levi still crying, so I fix his dinner and feed him. He ate Peas for the first time tonight and didn't gag or throw them up so I am thinking things have settled down. That's what I get for thinking apparently!

7:00 pm - take kids up to bath time while I get their stuff ready for bed (usually they go to bed at 8pm but I have almost had it today so we are heading that direction a little earlier than normal). Since Brian is gone, Isaiah knows he gets to sleep with me so I am moving all 95 of his animals in our bed because he couldn't possibly sleep without one of them.

7:20 pm - after some fun in the bath, I get Levi out and take him to his room to feed him. All seems to be going well.

7:22 pm - make the mistake of trying to give Levi some medicine, just in case his mouth starts hurting - he throws up ALL OVER me! Remember those peas from earlier that I was so glad he ate - well they are all over my clothes, Levi's face and clothes and the chair and floor. I scream - ugh!!!!! Levi screams because I scared him when I screamed! Isaiah's starts yelling - what happened???

7:23 pm - regain my composure, change my clothes, Levi's clothes, clean up the chair and floor and attempt to feed him the rest of his bottle and give up on the medicine for tonight!

7:26 pm - just as Levi is falling asleep while eating and I am thinking he will go to bed so easy tonight, Isaiah calls out from the other room "MOMMY, I WENT POOP, CAN YOU COME AND WIPE ME?" Thanks buddy - now Levi is WIDE awake again - so much for easy bed time. I put Levi down (which makes him cry again because once again, he can't see me) and go to wipe off the poop. Throw up and poop in 5 minutes - it's great to be a Mom!

7:35 pm - after rocking WIDE AWAKE Levi for 10 minutes, I put him down, hoping that the paci will do tonight and he will fall asleep - luckily it works! HOORAY - one down, one to go!

7:40 pm - get Isaiah out of bath and read a book. He calls Brian to tell him night, night and calls my dad to wish him a happy birthday! Off to sleep for Isaiah - or so I think.

7:42 pm - come downstairs and think I am going to finally enjoy some Oprah - watch about 20 minutes and hear Isaiah rearranging something upstairs. Go to check it out and he has all his animals all over the bed and tells me that is where they will sleep. I say to him very firmly, it's time to go to sleep. He informs me that he isn't sleepy and wants to watch a movie. Now usually I would NEVER EVER EVER give in to this but I have had it today so I say ok and go and get his movie choice Toy Story 2 and put it in upstairs for him to watch.

7:46 pm - come downstairs AGAIN and try to finish Oprah. Talk to Brian again - all is well now.

7:46 pm to about 9:30 pm - watch TV, eat some ice cream, clean out bottles, talk to my mom on the phone, play on the computer

9:30 pm - Isaiah yells downstairs that his movie is over and can he watch another one - that would be a NO! So I go upstairs and decide I should go to bed as well.

10:30 pm - can't fall asleep because I can't stop coughing due to my ever present sinus issues!!

11:30 pm - have doozed off but still coughing

12:30 am - come downstairs to get something to drink but I am STILL coughing! Maybe slept a total of an hour to this point!

1:10 am - hear a LOUD noise that startles me and the power goes out. Now we sleep with several fans on and noise makers galore so when our power goes out at night, the house goes from being somewhat noisy to DEAD silence. I think, is the house on fire. The noise was so loud that I thought it might be our breaker box has just blown up or something.

1:12 am - I hear all the sirens and such. So, I come downstairs wondering if I should evacuate my children and myself from our home because these sirens are basically in our front yard it sounds like. I look out the front door and the power is out on the whole street - ok great, at least our house isn't the only one. So what do I do, CALL BRIAN of course in the middle of the night. Hey - if I'm awake, he should be too, that's what I am thinking. I know, so mean right! He answers thinking what in the world is wrong this time. I tell him what happened. He sounds so concerned about the kids and how hot it is outside and the air not working and such.

1:30 am - I think that a transformer blew and surely they will fix it so I try to go back upstairs and go to sleep - not happening because you know the sirens are still going off. How are my children sleeping through this???

1:45 am - come back downstairs again, at least my battery works on my computer, play a game on the computer for a moment and start composing this blog about my terrible day.

2:42 am - now an hour later - I am almost done and what do you know, the power is restored, all is noisy again in the Morgan household, and just in time because my computer just gave the LOW BATTERY warning. Oh no, what if I lose this masterpiece of a blog, I must SAVE right away.

3:05 am - I am going to attempt to post this now - because I am WIDE awake now and then try to go to bed, and hopefully not cough the rest of the night - yeah right! My kids missed all the fun - thankfully!!!!! And in less than 4 hours I get to get up and take a shower and get ready for work and get the kids ready for school! YEAH - tomorrow will be a fun day for sure!!!!

Oh and I just realized as the wrecker pulls out in front of our house that there was a car accident right up the road and a car must have hit the power poll, that was the loud noise. I surely hope no one was injured! YIKES!!!

Ok, off to try and sleep!!!! GOOD NIGHT! Oh and anyone who made it through this entire blog deserves an award!

Lindsey

1 comment:

Katie Murray said...

Wow, that's a pretty crappy day! Hopefully today will be better and Brian will return home soon.