TOTAL SLACKER (10.14.08)

So, for all of you readers out there who have been thinking I am a total slacker for not posting more, you are right! I AM! I am sorry! Here goes our last weeks updates (nothing to exciting I promise)!

Last week Levi went to the doctor for his 1 year check up. He was 19 lbs 4 oz (still in the 10%) and something like 31 inches tall (pretty normal for his age). As some of you know I have been slightly concerned about his weight because when I took him at his 9 month check up, one of the doctors (not the one we normally see) sort of made me think he wasn't gaining enough weight. Seriously this kid eats alot so I was sort of stressed. Well, we went back to our favorite Dr. Poston this time for his year visit and she wasn't worried in the least. She said as long as he is eating and he has fat pads on his thighs and arms, we were ok. Check - he has that! So, I am less worried. We have ALMOST completely made the transition to milk/sippy cup. He is having lots of milk in a sippy cup all day long but we haven't broken him away from the night time bottle yet. He just loves it sooooo much and I can't possibly think of taking it away from him. I still have been giving him formula though as not to confuse him with the milk in a bottle situation. Plus, I think he likes it because it is warm too and I am not going to get in the habit of heating milk up for him at night because we will NEVER break him of it then! I promised Dr. Poston to be done with it by...............our next appt at 18 months - hahaha! No seriously, maybe another week (or 2 or 3) of it and we will be done. HEHE - it's the last baby thing, ok maybe I have the problem here. I will work on that!

Isaiah is being funny as ever! He is selling cookie dough for his class at school. The cookie dough is really, really (I mean seriously really) good but it is sort of pricey. He has been hitting up all our family members (that are close enough to pick it up) and still has a few more to go so be on the lookout if you haven't received your call. He is quite the salesman. My mother had more than done her share by buying 3 tubs of cookie dough when he asked to speak to POPS and suckered him into getting another tub. He was then so excited about selling 4 tubs at one time! He just couldn't believe it. Then he turned around to me and said "Hey, POPS got the M&M cookies and I wanted those too!" I then explained that more than 1 person can get each kind because they have plenty. OHHHHH..... got it MOM!

In other funny Isaiah stories, tonight in the bathtub I noticed a large bug bite on the top of his foot. Here is the conversation that followed:

MOM: Isaiah, what's that big red place on your foot?

Isaiah: It's a bug bite!

MOM: It's really big - what kind of bug bit you?

Isaiah: A REALLY big bug, I think it was one of those YELLOW JACKS.

MOM: Oh really, you think it was a Yellow JACK??

Isaiah: For sure, those Yellow JACKS they have really big mouths so they make really big bite marks!

MOM: Got it!

Note to self, stay away from those dreaded Yellow Jacks (known to the rest of the world that don't live in Isaiah land as Yellow JACKETS)!

Brian is doing fine, working hard as usual. He is trying to finish up his MBKB media guide so that is consuming alot of his free time.

I have taken up a new hobby (because you know I am bored alot), reading. Anyone heard of it. JK. Really I am not much of a reader really but my sister and mom suggested some Nicholas Sparks books and BOY - they are gooooooood! I read The Wedding first, it is the sequel to The Notebook (as I am sure some of you have seen that movie)! It was such a sweet love story, very good! Then my sister says, you have got to read The Guardian next. So I went and checked it out at the library on Saturday. OH MY- I finished it last night! That is the best book ever. I must admit there were some parts that I wasn't expecting and what I thought the book was about, well it wasn't. But it was really, really, really, really good. And it draws you in from the introduction. You are hooked from the beginning. Now you must be asking when have I had time in 2 1/2 days to read a 360 page book, well I don't know really. It just happened. I couldn't put it down. I actually thought seriously about not going to work yesterday so I could stay home and finish it but I didn't. I highly recommend it - reading this book that is, not going to work to stay home and read it, bad idea!

Alright, enough for now! I have to go and watch The Biggest Loser while I eat my ice cream, haha!!! Promise to write more often or at least I promise I will try to write more often! Love you all!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Glad to hear you are still alive! I was cracking up at the mental picture of Isaiah selling his cookie dough on the phone! I don't think my kids would particularly enjoy that. In fact, I put away the fundraising packet until the night before it was due and then wrote a personal check for 3 tubs of dough and sent it to school! Done! ;-) A bit more costly than having other people buy it, but more my style, I guess! ;-)