NORMAL DAY (7.5.08)

We had a normal day today! We got up this morning, played around the house, then went to the grocery store. Fun, Fun! Came home and ate lunch, took naps and went outside to let the kids swim in the pool. Ganny bought a baby pool for the kiddos when we were in Cherokee and we brought it back with us for the boys to play in. Levi loved it, I thought he would cry because the water was so cold but he didn't. They both splashed around and had a great time! Anyway, after some playtime outside we came in and Isaiah and I made a cake. Our family favorite Banana Sour Cream Cake. Now this is a super secret recipe and I can never tell a soul - but if you click here you can see the recipe on kraftfoods.com. It is super yummy and we LOVE to eat this cake. Oh my! Check out the picture of Isaiah being a "cheffer" and helping make the cake! And of course while we were making the cake, Levi was doing what he does best, playing and getting in to things he isn't suppose to! We placed his basket of toys and his table in front of the stairs so he wouldn't go up the stairs. WRONG - he just moved the table out of the way and in less than 2 minutes he was half way up our stairs, our HARD WOODEN STAIRS that if you fall you would break your neck or worse, your baby toe like me! I freaked out and screamed, "OH MY GOSH - LEVI WHAT ARE YOU DOING?' Or maybe I should have been saying, what was I doing not watching my child who can totally climb the stairs. Bad mother! Anyway, he was safe and I will be more careful to keep my eyes on him at all times from that moment forward! Still Levi looks super cute below - this was moments before he took the climb. And you might be asking what in the world is that around Levi's legs. Well, I attempted to make him some little things to go over his knees. Because he is crawling around all the time, his knees are ALWAYS red so someone at work gave me the idea to cut the top off of some socks and put them over his knees. It worked for awhile and then it just rolled down and was probably cutting off his circulation - so much for that great idea! Enjoy the photos! More to come tomorrow!

1 comment:

Katie Murray said...

I have tried every suggestion for knee pads possible! The best things that work are 1) washable breast pads. They are already in the shape of the knee and you can hold them on with the sock things you made. 2) athletic wrist bands. You know, the ones that people wear when they play tennis. They work pretty well and don't roll like socks do. Also, Babies R Us sells knee pads for crawlers.

Katie