HAPPY 9 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! (5.29.08)


Happy Anniversary to Brian and I! 9 years ago on May 29,1999 we got married and today we celebrate our 9th year of pure happiness - well, sort of! haha! My how our lives have changed in 9 years.

As a tradition on our anniversary, we always watch our wedding video. Or should I say I watch it and Brian tries to find something else to do so he doesn't have to. It's a guy thing I guess. Anyway, this year we watched it on the night before, of course because we couldn't actually watch it on our anniversary evening. Well, the reason is because the season finale of Lost was on so of course we couldn't miss that. Anyway, so we watched it the night before. Isaiah was SOO excited to watch it with us. He kept asking when we would get to the part where he was in my tummy. Apparently a 4 year olds perception of getting married is you automatically get a fat belly - well maybe that is sort of true, just leave out the baby part. HAHA - anyway, he also wanted to see the part with the rings. He then proceeded to get a plastic ring and give it to me and tell Brian that he was no longer my husband because Isaiah was now. So, sweet, I hope he always loves me more than anyone else but it's not likely. And Isaiah also loved seeing the baby pictures of Brian and I as well. He kept asking if it was him in the picture!

On our actual anniversary, we took off the afternoon and went to lunch and a movie together. It was a good time to do something, just the 2 of us. Brian wanted to see the new Indiana Jones movie but that is SO not romantic so after some arm twisting, we went to see that new movie with Patrick Dempsey (otherwise known as Dr. McDreamy) called Made of Honor. Very cute and appropriate for the day. I loved it and Brian tolerated it as any wonderful husband would!

It's been a great 9 years! Brian has been the best husband anyone could ask for. And the best father too. Thanks Brian for everything! I love you so much!

No comments: